This program is directed toward:
- Anthropologists and other social scientists who want to develop their ethnographic sensibility with the particular focus on the non-verbal, embodied patterns of everyday life.
- Artists who want to explore the convergences between ethnographic and artistic training in perception, experience foreign cultures through apprenticeship in local art practices, and practically experiment with creative research.
- Writers and verbal performers who want to hone their observational skills and experiment with ethnographically informed creative non-fiction genres and storytelling
- Designers, urban planners, architects, engineers, health-related professions, and others who are interested in engaging with their practice in a culturally sensitive way.
- Undergraduate and graduate students in good standing from any discipline.
- Introductory course in socio-cultural anthropology preferable but alternative prerequisites will be considered.
- No prior ethnographic field experience is necessary.
- No knowledge of Serbian language needed.